Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lag B'Omer Poem

I'm a day late with this poem.
This one comes from the blogger formerly known as Jewmaican..

How long
will it take
for us to
find
each other?

Are you near me
almost under my nose
or are there oceans
vast and deep
literally and figuratively
between us?

Have we met?
Have we seen
each other
not knowing
but deriving pleasure
from the thrill
of that possibility?

How will we know?

By something
you ( I )
say?
A gesture, a comment
I ( you )
make?

Can you imagine how
it will be?
How we will
help
one another
grow?

How I will be
your strength
Faithful
Always
constant and consistent

And you
will complete me
cloaking my prose
with your melody
Poetry e-motion...

Do you yearn
as I yearn
are you tired of waiting
as I am?

I thought so...

See you soon...



- Shmuel (formerly jewmaican20)


1 comment:

  1. Nice feeling of longing.
    I'd love some background.
    Is this about a person? G-d?

    ReplyDelete